Our client is an established family company with interests across different areas of the ports and logistics sector.
They are now recruiting for an exceptional candidate to join their agency department as a trainee shipping agent. Based in offices in Hull, our client is seeking and enthusiastic individual who is looking to develop a career in the ports, shipping and transport sector.
The successful candidate should be a strong team player but also confident of working on their own initiative and be capable of learning quickly. Whilst the majority of the client’s business is based in the ports of Hull, Immingham and Goole, the candidate will be required to travel to other UK Ports for short periods. Flexibility and a positive approach are therefore important personal qualities as is a full clean driving licence.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure excellent ships agency services are rendered to all customers
- Ensure a smooth, quick turnaround of vessels, keeping all relevant parties advised at all times
- Board vessels as/when required
- Ensure all items/requirements are promptly ordered/confirmed
- Liaise with clients and port services on a daily basis
- Ensure all shipping documentation is issued on time and accurately
- At least GCSE (O’Level) standard including minimum grade C in Mathematics & English Language
- A full clean UK car licence is essential
- You must be customer focused with the ability to prioritise workload
- Flexible in your approach to working alone and working in a team
- Confidence to communicate with all levels of management & personnel
- Preferably previous experience in a commercial environment. Shipping experience preferred but not essential. Full on-the-job training will be given to the right candidate
- You will be working under pressure and to tight deadlines – often outside of normal office hours – a willingness to accept these conditions is essential.
- Self-disciplined, reliable & of smart appearance