Is dedicated to transporting liquid foodstuff, offering their customers the best solution with a strong focus on quality and innovation. They are specialists in road tanker transport as well as intermodal tank container services. With a network of owned vehicles and dedicated sub-contractors over different hubs all over Europe and Russia, they provide European "foodstuff multimodal services".
Due to exciting UK growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced Sales Manager to support and drive forward the company’s growth ambitions within the sector.
Reporting to the Managing Director UK, the post holder will join a small but dynamic team and will be responsible for managing existing key accounts and generating new revenues in line with the Company’s business plan.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* To meet or exceed agreed commercial and sales KPI’s
* Actively create opportunities and secure new revenues for the growth of the business
* Generate and convert business leads through existing key accounts and new potential customers
* Develop and manage key account relationships over long sales cycles
* New business acquisition including growing and retaining existing business
At least GCSE (‘O’ level) standard including minimum grade C in Mathematics and English Language
* Natural ability to identify opportunities including through cold calling, and to convert into sales
* Strong and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
* Good grammatical and numerical skills
* Fully competent with IT including Microsoft Office applications (Word / Excel / Power point / Outlook)
* Must have previous proven experience of a commercial sales / business development role within the transport industry.
* Experience and/or a background within bulk liquids would be a distinct advantage
* Experience of large scale projects requiring innovative sales solutions
* Good understanding of transport and logistics industry
* Organised and accurate with good attention to detail
* Self-motivated and able to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced, customer focused environment
* Good interpersonal skills and a genuine team player
* Effective personal time management skills and the ability to prioritise task
Ragged Edge is an equal opportunities employer. By submitting an application for this role you are confirming that you are eligible to work legally in the UK.