OUR CLIENT …… is one of seven UK based subsidiaries that are involved in the International transport and shipping industry. They are based at a modern office employing a vibrant team of 15 staff involved in sales, operations and accounts. With a Group turnover of £85 Million the business specialises in providing International transport solutions by air, road and sea to exporters and importers throughout the UK. Their clients range from sole traders through to multi-national Blue-chip companies.
- The successful candidate will work within the Sales and Business Development Team and the main function of the role will be to develop new business.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead generation.
- New business sales canvassing.
- Targeting potential UK exporters and importers by telephone and e-mail.
- Preparing presentations and quotes for new business.
- Visiting prospective clients in the UK.
- Opening credit accounts for new clients.
- Account management and business development.
- Supporting the Sales team in calculating existing client quotations.
- Extensive industry and sales training and mentoring will be provided to ensure the successful candidate achieves the appropriate targets.
- An excellent standard of education with a minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grades A to C) desirable
REQUIRED SKILLS & Experience
It is essential that the successful candidate is both persuasive and forceful with:
- Proven success in business to business Sales & New Business Development.
- Ideally experience of freight forwarding or one mode of International transport, Air, Road or Sea.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to make structured, effective cold calls and develop relationships with your prospects.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- IT and computer literate.
- Strong tenacity and work ethic and motivated to succeed.