Main function of the job
Cold canvass / Prospect, develop, secure and manage new Ocean, Air and Road freight business accounts. Office based with customer visits as and when required.
- Identify new sales leads and cold call, actively pursue / follow up, negotiate and close.
- Develop sales opportunities from data held within the internal CRM system in conjunction with the Freightlane Director.
- Diligently follow-up on all incoming sales leads and provide the Freightlane Director with feedback.
- Manage tender enquiries for larger ‘A’ list customers with communication and co-ordination to all relevant internal parties.
- Face to face customer meetings where required with specific objectives and results to achieve.
Qualifications / education required
- Good standard of written and spoken English, Maths & Geography is essential for this role.
- Proven track record of freight forwarding sales.
- Proven sales track record of gaining new business (Ideally within the freight forwarding industry) and successfully working to and exceeding Sales Targets.
- Excellent relationship building skills, Identifying new business opportunities and ability to close successfully.
- Ability to prioritise, organise & manage time efficiently is essential. Industry knowledge would be a considerable advantage.
- A knowledge of the freight forwarding industry is preferred.
- An outgoing, lively, engaging and knowledgeable personality to manage relationships with customers and sales prospects.
- A self-motivated, aggressive attitude, with drive and ambition.
- Commercial awareness and ability to negotiate at a high level.
- Able to work as part of a dedicated and professional team.
- Superb communicator and net-worker with ability to maintain a long term professional relationships.