THE CLIENT …… The business was set up in the 1990s and has grown successfully for over a decade. They are well regarded within the agricultural industry and have ambitious plans for the future of the business. They feel the development of the team is essential to the ongoing success of their business and their ability to provide customers with the service they require.
They are now looking to recruit a Project Design Coordinator to work within the engineering team based at our Head Office near Scunthorpe. The right candidate will have the mindset, technical skills and practical experience to help the business achieve these goals and is looking for a establish a long career in a growing business.
Your primary role will be to provide technical design and production co-ordination within the engineering team. The project work will encompass structural, civil, plant and service disciplines.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support pre-contract activity undertaken by regional sales staff
- Develop layouts produced at the pre-contract stage into general assembly drawings supported by design specifications and supporting engineering calculations working to the relevant standards
- Co-ordinate the production and/or procurement of design packages whether produced internally or as external sub-contracts
- Provide technical support and guidance to technicians, sub-contractors and customers as required.
- Demonstrable experience and formal qualification in Engineering Design.
- This can either be via Degree or Vocational BTEC/HNC/City and Guilds Progression Routes
- You will be able to demonstrate over 10 years of practical design and draughting experience within turnkey engineering projects.
- Solid understanding of engineering software principles with extensive experience using AutoCAD 2D and 3D software in accordance with industry standard conventions.
- Experience of TEKLA software is desirable but not essential
- Ability to understand and co-ordinate, survey, structural, plant, M&E, Equipment and Site information to build up designs, specifications and site arrangement drawings
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage sub-contract specialist design packages to bring together the required design documentation
- Thorough working knowledge and experience of the following UK standards
BS 5950 – Structural use of Steelwork in Building
BS 5395-1:2010 Stairs, Ladders and Walkways
BS 6399 – Loadings for Buildings
BS8110 – Structural Use of Concrete o Machinery Act Regulations and CE Marking
- Extensive site experience, particularly with respect to surveying and data collection
- Proficient with Microsoft Packages, must include Excel to an advanced level
- Capability to develop information control and manage drawing and documentation issues
- Hold a full clean UK driving license to enable them to travel to Client’s sites if required
- You must be willing to fully engage with and work to the business’s core values
- A wider understanding and enthusiasm for our work is essential, knowledge or previous experience in the agricultural or food and feed processing industry is beneficial
- Must be able to work independently, using initiative to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Fluent spoken and written technical English is essential
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient at time management
- Good interpersonal skills