THE CLIENT …… is a European trailer operator and freight forwarder who are part of a larger group. Trading since 1983 the group has an annual turnover in excess of £80 Million. Our client provides European logistics services to an extensive client base of over 600 UK and European importers and exporters.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an established but progressive and forward thinking company with resources’ available to offer sustained growth in the short and medium term. They have been trading successfully in an extremely competitive industry sector for over 30 years, they have achieved that by offering a different approach to other transport and logistics companies.
Working with an experienced management team this role will suit an individual who is passionate, ambitious and wishes to develop a career in International logistics while working for a financially strong and stable company.
Working as part of the Operations team the successful candidate will conduct the following role.
- Extensive communication both verbally and in writing with UK and European client base, with particular focus on key accounts ensuring a high degree of customer service.
- Working to deadlines and being able to plan ahead the collections and deliveries of groupage, part and full load consignments.
- Communicating proactively with supplier base to ensure the work is being carried out in the most effective way.
- Maximising the profitability of each consignment / job by negotiating effectively with client and supplier base.
- Operating the in-house software system the candidate will precisely raise the orders and process all of the necessary administration.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working for a transport/logistics company would be a considerable advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal)
- A confident personality with a can do attitude.
- A professional positive and helpful attitude to work colleagues, suppliers and especially customers.
- Commercial acumen with the ability to negotiate directly with clients and suppliers and identify and exploit opportunities to increase both Turnover and more importantly profit.
- Numerate and literate, it is vital that the successful candidate is able to explain complex logistical issues concisely in both written and verbal form.
- IT literate.
- Ambitious with a desire to succeed.
- Presentable, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Strong organisational skills with an excellent memory.