Operating one of the largest flatbed trailer fleets in Europe our client provides transport solutions for customers with general or exceptional cargo across the UK, Ireland and Europe. With offices in UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Ireland, the Company has a strong reputation within its field and is entering a new and exciting phase if its development.
- Reporting to the General Manager the Operations Assistant will undertake a variety of tasks across the different functional areas including transport and shipping, as well as undertaking general administrative duties.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Providing support to Transport Planners including administration of drivers’ hours, administration of fuel accounts toll charges and vehicle tax
- Providing support to Shipping Operators including taking customer orders and entering into IT system
- General administration duties as required by the needs of the business
- Upholding and promoting the Company’s health, safety and compliance procedures
- Support and develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
- At least GCSE (O’Level) standard including minimum grade C in Mathematics & English Language
- Strong and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good grammatical and numerical skills with strong analytical abilities
- Fully competent with IT including Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook)
- Previous experience of transport planning and / or shipping software an advantage
- Experience of working with a transport or shipping administration environment is strongly preferred.
- Organised and accurate with a good attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work to challenging deadlines in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Effective personal time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
Strong interpersonal skills and a genuine team player able to operate effectively within a small, highly committed team unit