THE CLIENT …… The business was set up in the 1990's and has grown successfully for over a decade. They are well regarded within the agricultural industry and have ambitious plans for the future of the business. They feel the development of the team is essential to the ongoing success of their business and their ability to provide customers with the service they require.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced mechanical technician who will be based at the Head Office near Scunthorpe and undertaking work both regionally and nationally on a regular basis.
The position is ideal for a mechanical technician looking for an opportunity which will provide career progression prospects. Ideally the candidate will have technical knowledge and practical expertise of installation projects in the agricultural, animal feed, pet food and biomass industries. Previous experience assembling, installing and maintaining bulk solid handling and processing equipment is highly desirable.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- You will undertake the tasks required to assemble, install, commission, maintenance, service and repair bulk solid handling and processing equipment.
- These activities may be undertaken at either our head office or on customer’s sites.
The role will include:
- Unloading and loading of equipment from HGV's
- Mechanical assembly of bulk solid handling and processing equipment including conveyors, elevators and silos
- Completion of testing and commissioning of equipment
- Undertake maintenance, repair and refurbishment work on equipment
- Ensure site best practice and routines are adhered to and support the development of less experienced technicians and apprentices in the company
- Complete both internal and external training courses with industry recognised qualifications
- Ensure a safe and tidy working environment is maintained
- Adhere to the company’s safety guidelines
- Work with Engineering Manager and Parts and Project Design Coordinator to ensure you have the parts, equipment and information required to complete jobs first time
- Provide feedback on job progress to Engineering Manager, using job management system as required
- Carry out other duties and task as required get the job done
- Mechanical engineering qualifications are preferable but not essential.
- Qualification’s relating to construction particularly plant and powered access equipment are desirable
- Experience of maintaining grain drying, storage & processing equipment is useful
- Experience and qualifications on pressure jet oil burners, liquid phase LPG burners and three phase electrical equipment, electrical control equipment and a working knowledge of BS76761 will be highly beneficial
- A sound knowledge of bulk solid processing and handling principles will be useful
- A thorough understanding of the relevant aspects of Health and Safety is essential, and qualifications are preferable, training will be provided as required
- Proficient use of job management software is useful
- You will need a full UK driving license and own transport to get to work
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient at time management.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a small team
- Customer service focused
- Capability to tackle challenges head on and support colleagues doing the same
- Naturally curious, desire to understand a problem and share solutions
* Basic salary will be dependent on experience with the potential for overtime (not guaranteed).