THE CLIENT …… Established for more than 150 years our client is an experienced and yet forward thinking shipping and logistics company providing a range of complementary services including ships agency, freight forwarding, air freight, trucking and distribution, warehousing and terminal operations. Their logistics department specialise in the worldwide movement of temperature controlled cargo.
They now have a vacancy for a shipping professional with experience in exports and customs clearance to join their team at their Immingham Head office. Our client would also be interested in candidates who are wishing to pursue a career within the shipping sector.
- Reporting into the Import Manager, the post holder will handle customs clearances and provide administrative, operational and customer service support, ensuring that Company deliveries a reliable, high quality, value for money service to its clients.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide services for HM Revenue and Customs clearance for exports
- Preparing & handling cargo related documentation including packing lists, manifests, bills of lading & customs documentation
- Complete import declarations as required via specialist IT systems
- Arranging haulage collections and deliveries
- Liaising with customers and haulage operators, addressing and resolving issues as they occur
- Responding to telephone and e-mail enquires in a timely manner
- At least GCSE (‘O’ level) standard including minimum grade C in Mathematics and English Language
- Strong and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong grammatical and numerical skills
- Fully competent with IT including Microsoft Office applications (Word / Excel / Power point / Outlook) and bespoke ‘in-house’ systems
- Previous experience of Customs procedures and formalities, ideally within an imports department
- Competent in the use of Customs specific IT software
- Organised and accurate with good attention to details
- A pro-active problem solver
- Effective personal time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Mon-Fri 0900- 1700 - 1 hour lunch
- Additional weekend working max one in three weekends