Our client commenced trading in the mid 1980's with the specific aim of providing a comprehensive worldwide freight forwarding service to UK manufacturers, exporters and importers who demanded a cost effective service together with a high degree of personal attention.
Their active client base of approximately 230 range from sole traders to multi-national blue chip companies in a wide range of industry sectors who all require an efficient and reliable logistics solution to transport their freight. With a highly skilled loyal and enthusiastic team working to a quality system, combined with the financial back up of our parent company our client has developed an excellent reputation in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
This position forms part of the existing Operations Team. It requires the jobholder to participate in the day to day calculating and pricing of air, road and sea freight movements and all of the related administration. To build relationships with the Existing clients and deliver a high standard of customer care at all times.
- Calculating export and import Worldwide air freight, Worldwide sea freight and European road freight shipments.
- Raising job files and all of the appropriate paperwork.
- Extensive client liaison both written (email) and verbal (telephone).
- Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
- Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with new business potential quotation and service status information.
- Educated to Degree Level.
- Own car / transport.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- Good IT Skills.