My client is part of a larger well establish group of companies specialising in transport and shipping in the UK and Europe. Their aim is to develop close relationships with their clients in order to deliver quality and reliable services.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced operations coordinator who can join their team of freight forwarders in Kent.
Process and manage a range of European and UK road freight shipments, sea freight and airfreight shipments, all from start to finish, using acquired skills to negotiate commercial pricing, place bookings, accurately raise shipping documentation and manage customer issues.
- Manage road freight / sea freight / airfreight booking process with customers and suppliers.
- Obtain and process pricing enquiries for all forms of transport.
- Operate internal operations system, on-line booking and sales platforms, customs documentation.
- Manage sales and cost reconciliation on a shipment by shipment basis.
- Raise accurate operational documentation such as AWBs, Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin and EUR1’s with great attention to detail.
- Face to face customer meetings where required with specific objectives and results to achieve.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Good standard of written and spoken English, Maths & Geography is essential for this role.
- Proven track record in multi-modal freight forwarding operations is a distinct advantage.
- A knowledge of processing road freight, sea freight and airfreight shipments, ideally in a freight forwarding company, together with commercial pricing experience.
- The role will demand excellent relationship building skills with both customers and suppliers to maximise all opportunities.
- Identifying new business opportunities from your customer base and having the ability to up sell the services on offer.
- The ability to prioritise, organise & manage time efficiently is essential within a busy operations team.
- Attention to detail is essential for the production of shipping documents.
- An outgoing, lively, engaging and knowledgeable personality to manage relationships with customers and suppliers.
- A good communicator and team player to work within an operations team.
- Commercial awareness and ability to negotiate at a high level.
- A detailed knowledge of the freight forwarding operations is a distinct advantage.