We are delighted to work with an established and leading client within the Energy & Environment Sector recruiting for an experienced Cargo Superintendent as they expand their team.
To carry out supervision of discharge of cargoes from vessels and undertake draught survey measurements to allow for calculation of weight of cargo in vessel to be calculated.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* Assess and report cleanliness of vehicles and all equipment, quayside area, storage premises which cargo will come into contact with
* Monitor and record all information throughout discharge regarding operations and stoppages
* Ensure vessel hatches are closed during adverse weather conditions
* Obtain vessel details, relevant documentation and cargo history
* Send twice daily updates to clients
* Send all information to allow compilation of reports to Shipment Services Manager in timely manner to meet KPI’s.
* Record and report on cargo condition / contamination
* Take readings / measurements to allow draught survey calculations to be carried out
* Take samples in accordance with the relevant standard throughout the discharge where auto sampling equipment isn’t available, conducting quayside sizing analysis and reporting of results
* Work within the constraints of Health and Safety
A full working knowledge of Excel
Demonstrate a high level of numeracy
Communication skills including written, verbal and presentational
Keen attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure
Organised with experience of delegating and prioritise as necessary
* Previous cargo supervision, ideally with different cargos and types of vessels
* Familiar with carrying out draught survey measurements preferred but full training will be given to the right candidate
* Team work - this is essential
* Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others
* Health & Safety focused